|Facial Protection and Exposure to Bacteria|
Kimberly-Clark Tecnol N95 Respirators are the appropriate inhalation protection for many infectious risk situations. Information is provided below. This commentary is based on the following facts:
• N95 respirators are certified by NIOSH for the protection of health care workers from exposure to tuberculosis. The tubercle bacillus is approximately 1 to 5 microns in diameter.(7)
• The Anthrax bacterium is a rod-shaped organism that is 1 to 1.5 x 3 to 5 microns in size that forms oval spores approximately 1 x 1.5 microns in size.(9)
• Testing under conditions specified by ASTM F1215-89 show that Kimberly-Clark* Tecnol* N95 Respirators are effective at filtering 0.1 micron sized particles at greater than or equal to 99% efficiency.(8) However, the respirator has not been tested specifically against the Anthrax bacteria.
Important Additional Information:
• Good facial fit is essential for providing adequate protection when wearing a respirator. Kimberly-Clark recommends fit testing according to OSHA guidelines in order to ensure proper facial fit with any N95 product.(10) Additional information is provided below.
• Facial fit may not be as secure when using masks other than respirators.
• In situations where there is a known presence of Anthrax spores, such as workers who are participating in decontamination activities, a higher level of respiratory protection than an N95 respirator is necessary.
Kimberly-Clark* Tecnol* N95 Respirators or other Kimberly-Clark medical
facial protection products are not suitable for use as chemical protection
•35 per box
Currently all masks are on back order by the manufacturers. Please let us know if you wish to be put on a waiting list for when our supply comes in
Everything you purchase from elitemedical.com is fully guaranteed. Look your order over, and if not completely satisfied, we will exchange or return the item for a full refund within 20 days of receipt of the order. We cannot accept returns of opened boxes or personal hygiene items. Compression stockings are personal hygiene items. Special orders may be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Read More...